Global Brand Manager – specialising in international and domestic sales, the role is to sell seasonal brand collections to active key and new accounts, within the showroom both nationally and internationally.
An exciting role for a dedicated and self motivated Global Brand Manager (GBM) who thrives on building successful relationships with their customers and clients while taking genuine care in ensuring all communication is handled with love and care from start to finish.
The successful applicant will be working under the guidance of our Sales Director and alongside our fellow GBM’s who are highly accomplished, very experienced, and will be providing strong monitoring for the smooth integration into the role. A strong can do attitude and balanced persona will be essential with strong communication skills as there will be significant contact with all clients and stockists. The ability to handle a fast paced environment is imperative as the industry is fast moving with three ‘sell’ seasons per year. You would be joining our well established team during a key phase domestically and internationally. This is a very exciting opportunity!
This role currently is to work directly with our Sales Director on supporting and understanding the brands and global partners, supporting this space and being active in the virtual showroom, showings and managing all sales support with all buying partners. This will then grow into direct brand management and sole ownership after one season.
About The Company–
Del Rainbow is a Global Sales, Consultancy and Brand Development Agency based in Byron Bay.
Unique to DEL RAINBOW, we offer a holistic service; imparting well-informed and strategic advice to maintain our clients long-term partnerships within our global network of retailers.
This ethos extends to our community, our reputation is founded on genuine relationships, garnering our ability to leverage brands in aligned venues. We work with department stores and multi-brand boutiques to showcase Spring/Summer, Resort and Fall/Winter ranges in New York, Paris, Australia, and from our DEL RAINBOW showroom in Byron Bay — recently reimagined for the digital world. DEL RAINBOW are proud to have pioneered the Virtual Channel, providing an unparalleled walk-through experience and personal connection for buyers.
We take an honest and transparent approach to our work, and value the same from our brands; each one honouring a commitment to sustainable and ethical practices. We are a 100% Carbon Neutral business and donate a percentage of our revenue to environmental nonprofits through 1% for the Planet. Acting as eco-pioneers in a luxury market, we are proud to take these necessary actions to protect the future of our planet, and our industry.
The Position / Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining and expanding our wholesale distribution
- Create and maintain great relationships with brands under your management
- Create and maintain great relationships with retailers
- Introduce innovative sales ideas
- Fortnightly – Phone calls , brand information session. Marketing team meetings.
- Connecting with brands under your management weekly, providing innovative ideas and a download of market happenings and any sale support required.
- Consistent contact with brands under your management, sending market trends, ideas for communication to customers and any key insight via social media, EDM’s and marketing activities to retailers.
- Updating brands under your management of collection launches with retail partners and requesting marketing and support ideas to refer back to our retail partner
- Creating a global distribution strategy, identifying key markets and new target stockists.
- Major accounts – connecting as soon as partnership is aligned to engage on marketing and support opportunities to work on together.
- Work closely with marketing teams when organising an event for brands under your management.
- Schedule and attend store training to ensure the brand is represented accordingly and increase product knowledge in store.
- Ensure brands under your management prepare all correct documentation for selling including look books, line sheets and order forms.
- Keeping track of delivery timelines and managing issues related to shipment discrepancies, late deliveries etc alongside your brand partners.
- Communicating delivery updates to the retail partners.
- Work closely to support both the brands under your management and our retail partners, being able to provide relevant advise and support to brands and have control over key decision making on behalf of the brand – distribution issues, payment terms, growth strategy, brand and collection development etc.
- Assist in showroom setup, including coordination of furniture display, collections, florals and catering etc.
- Achieve seasonal and annual sales goals.
- Show and maintain excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels
- Identify and develop key domestic and international accounts and partnerships.
- Assist with creation of and follow through of sales strategy set by Directors.
- Monitoring sell through in existing stores and action marketing plans to attain best results for both brand and retailer.
- Preparing detailed end of season reports analysing market feedback, sales results etc.
- Seasonal travel to New York and Paris (once travel resumes)
To Be Successful
- Work well within a team environment, this is critical as our culture is our number one priority
- In depth industry knowledge and experience in regards to sales, wholesale business practices, negotiations, margins and pricing structures
- Must have a good eye and understanding of the retail market
- An interest, enthusiasm and passion for premium quality product and the fashion wholesale industry
- Strong interest in ethical fashion practices and aligning with our ethos
- Highly organised, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, with occasional self management
- Able to multitask and prioritise workload effectively
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills and a great attention to detail
- A dedicated, hardworking and committed individual
- Excellent communication skills and adaptable personality
- Have a drive and passion to achieve and exceed targets
- A can-do attitude and good problem solving skills with the initiative to resolve issues
- Flexibility to work longer hours during the selling seasons
- Comprehensive knowledge of: Microsoft word, excel, dropbox
- Capable of managing own workload and confident with liaising across all levels of the business
- Strong ability to build strategic plans as well as implement new business opportunities
- Work closely with and report directly to the Sales Director
- Live within the Byron Bay area
- Ability to travel abroad
- Positive relationships with luxury retailers
- Established contacts favourable
- Additional languages beneficial
What’s in it for you–
A kind, supportive and passionate culture.
An Innovative and dynamic working environment.
Global Exposure and Growth in the fashion Industry at an elite level.
Working with the largest department stores globally – across buying, marketing and facilitating growth for brands with these key partners.
Partnering and growing brands with premium multi brand boutiques at a global level.
Learning the market and depth of the industry across every region through the unique Del Rainbow way.
Working and living in the Byron Bay region, whilst obtaining global recognition and career growth.
Being apart of a team that truly works collarbativelty and encourages you to be yourself- bringing your best self to the role.
Living in beautiful Byron bay or surrounding regions.
Our office, Showroom and Store are all located in Byron Bay Industrial Estate.
Role starting Jan 2023
$75 – 90k p/a + Bonuses + Super